What is Anthropology?
PLEASE READ the instructions before signing up for this class! Click here.
Are you wondering what exactly Anthropology is? Then take this FREE mini-course on Anthropology! You will learn a little about each of the 4 fields of Anthropology, along with some real-world applications.
In this course, you will watch narrated slideshow (Powerpoint) lectures. There are no talking-head lectures in this mini-course–only in my full-length courses. At the end of each unit, there is a short activity to help you explore the concepts further, and a short quiz (5 questions). You can work on this course at your own pace, but you must finish within one year.
- software to open PDF files (if you want to complete PDF worksheets on your computer)
- a printer, paper, and pen/pencil (ONLY if you want to print out worksheets and write on them)
Who This Course Is For
- someone who knows nothing (or only a little) about Anthropology, and wants to learn
- someone who is taking a college class about Anthropology and wants more information
This course is part of a series of Anthropology courses offered through the Anthropology 4U Academy. The courses can be taken in any order, and you don’t need to know anything about Anthropology to take these courses! These courses are for beginners, and I teach you everything you need to know.
What You Will Learn
- what Cultural Anthropology is
- some applications of Cultural Anthropology
- what Physical Anthropology is
- some applications of Physical Anthropology
- what Linguistic Anthropology is
- some applications of Linguistic Anthropology
- what Archaeology is
- some applications of Archaeology
Enroll now, and learn about Anthropology for FREE!
- Lectures 28
- Quizzes 4
- Duration 3.75 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 3
- Assessments Yes
Unit 1: Introduction
Unit 2: Cultural Anthropology
Unit 3: Physical Anthropology
Unit 4: Linguistic Anthropology
Unit 5: Archaeology
Unit 6: Conclusion